Monday, December 15, 2008

Welcome!



Welcome to my "other" blog! I wanted to create a new blog where I could share my ideas, ones that I find elsewhere and yours. If you have a great tip, trick or recipe feel free to share! This can include a household tips, projects, organization, recipes...anything. I hope this blog can be useful and fun!

The first project I want to share is in the picture above. I got the idea from a Pampered Chef winter cookbook. It is so easy and so cute! Truly it only has one ingredient:

Almond bark (found in the baking aisle by the chocolate chips)

If you want to make snowflakes, draw circles on parchment paper then draw an X across the circle. This will be your template for "drawing" your snowflake with the almond bark. Melt the bark in the microwave and then transfer it to a gallon size ziplock bag. Cut an extremely small hole in the corner of the bag. You may want to wait a minute until the bark thickens a little. You can then draw to your heart's content on parchment paper (I think tin foil would also work). When the bark thickens up all the way, put bag in a bowl and reheat in the microwave. Your shapes should harden within a few minutes and then you can peel them off.

When making a mitten or star, pipe the outline and then fill it in with squiggles making sure some of the squiggles touch the outline.

You can also add colored sugar or experiment with sprinkles, drages (little silver balls that look like BBs) or with coloring the almond bark.

(One cute way to use these would be to stand them up on top of a cake or stand one up on an individual piece of cake.)

8 comments:

Karla Thalman said...

Hi Janell,
Cool idea for a blog. I like this first one you posted.

Jenn said...

I think this new blog will become one of my favorites to follow! Thanks for sharing sucha cool idea!

Alexis said...

:) I am excited to have an inside look at Janell Beagley's top secrets!

Janet said...

That is so cool! I am going to try it for sure

Keiauni said...

sweet! I'm excited to get into your mind!
Those are so pretty... I think the boys would enjoy making those too!

-so, are you going to have contributors that can post their tips/tricks, or are you just wanting people to say things in the comment section?

Kyle and Janell said...

Please post comments and your own tips/tricks/recipes. It would be fun to share with each other!

Christina said...

I love the new blog!! I'll be checking it out often! You are so crafty!

Zilles Fam said...

Hey, this is probably old school ... but I just did it this year for my family's ornament exchange ... I made some homemade ornaments out of the frozen juice can metal lids. I just put a cute little vinyl lettering of "joy" on the face of it and then hammered a hole at the top and put a ribbon through it. Wala! It was fun to make and only cost 30 cents for the lettering ... although now Taylor hammers everything in the house - because Mommy hammered!